11 March 2010 Download full report
Inspection of Payhembury Church of England Primary School, Honiton EX14 3HT
Thanks to all of those who helped by telling inspectors about Payhembury, especially those on the school council and those I had the pleasure of having lunch with. I am sure it will come as no surprise to hear that yours is a good school. I can see how proud you are of it. I can also see how proud the school is of you. Well done everybody!
Here are some of its highlights:
- you make good progress and reach standards that are better than in most schools before you leave Year 6
- your behaviour is excellent
- children get off to a good start in Reception
- you are well taught by teachers who make work interesting and enjoyable
- the school takes good care of you and uses what it knows about how well you are doing to help you to improve your work
- you are being helped to be sensible, considerate young people who care about others and our world
- the school is well run by the headteacher, staff and governors. They make a really good team.
We know that everyone at Payhembury is always looking for ways to make the school even better.
We have suggested that they:
- keep up the improvements in Years 1 and 2
- give you even more opportunities to find out about how people live in different parts of the United Kingdom and in other countries.
You can help by continuing to try hard.
Best wishes for the future.